ONB Connects – Provincial Connector Program
in Partnership with Post-Secondary Training, Education and Labour (PETL)
What is ONB Connects?
ONB Connects is a simple formalized networking process that matches Connectors with job ready Connectees to help build a professional network and connect to the local labour market.
- Connectors are local business people, civil servants, young professionals and community leaders.
- Connectees are job ready newcomers & local and International graduates.
How does ONB Connects work?
MATCH: Job ready newcomers & local and International recent graduates, pre-qualified as Connectees, are matched with volunteer Connectors. The match aligns the goals of the Connectee with the industry, professional background and interests of the Connector.
CONNECT: The matched Connector and Connectee meet in person for 30 minutes to discuss:
- Professional backgrounds
- Skills and areas of expertise
- Sector related news
- Labour market trends
REFER: The Connector introduces the Connectee to a minimum of three individuals within their network who will, in turn, do the same. The Connectee is responsible to coordinate meetings with the additional referrals.
A CONNECTOR is:
- Experienced in their industry and has a strong network
- Often found making introductions within social, cultural, professional and economic circles
- Actively involved in community and/or industry
- Willing to support newcomers and new graduates build strong networks to retain them in New Brunswick
A CONNECTOR can:
- Feel a sense of achievement by helping keep talent in New Brunswick
- Contribute to greater community engagement
- Increase awareness about their organization and industry
- Add value to their network by connecting people who could benefit from knowing each other
- Access a talent pool of exceptional newcomers and recent graduates
A CONNECTEE is:
- Job ready and actively looking to launch their career in New Brunswick
- Proficient in English and/or French
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Graduate of a post-secondary program
A CONNECTEE can:
- Gather insights into the local job market
- Build a strong professional network in record time
- Establish connections to improve the likelihood of finding employment
- Gain valuable feedback about their job search strategy and career path
- Become a future CONNECTOR